Our friends over at Little's Coffee have really come up with the goods... here we have their top 3 coffee-based cooking recipes. Because yes, you can drink it, you can scrub with it - and you can also eat it!
And then, just to finish off, a boozy coffee tipple to tie things all together.
So. Over to you friends...
Let’s face it, some instant coffee can be a bit dreary and boring. Well, not on our watch. Little’s flavour infused coffees are made using smooth, 100% Arabica beans gently infused with high quality flavours from ingredients we love. We don’t add any sugar and each serving only contains 4 cals. We’re here to liven up your cup and show you that instant coffee doesn’t have to be boring.
Coffee is a great ingredient to add to your cooking so we have put together a selection of our most delicious and simple recipes. Enjoy!
Coffee & Honey Granola Recipe
• 3 teaspoons Little’s Gingerbread Cookie Instant Coffee
• 100 grams agave nectar
• 290 grams oats
• 50 grams flaxseeds
• Teaspoon cinnamon
• 75 grams mixed nuts
• 75 grams mixed dried fruit
• Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
• Mix the coffee granules with a dash of water in a bowl.
• Add the agave nectar to the coffee and stir thoroughly.
• Next, in a separate bowl add the oats, flaxseeds and cinnamon. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
• Pour the honey/coffee mixture onto the oats and stir continuously. Ensure all the oats are covered.
• Line a baking tray with baking parchment and spoon the oats onto the tray.
• Press and flatten your mixture with the back of a spoon to form one large square.
• Cook for 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
• By now your granola should have hardened. Break up your large square into pieces and place in a large bowl.
• Mix your granola pieces with the nuts and dried fruit.
• Drizzle with more agave nectar.
• Dish up and serve with your favourite mylk or yogurt. Enjoy!
Little’s Choc Chai Smoothie Bowl Recipe
• 2 x Chopped Bananas
• 5 x Dates
• 1 x Tsp Little’s Chocolate Chai Instant Coffee
• Almond Milk
• 1 x Tsp Cinnamon
• 1 x Loaded Tbsp Peanut Butter
• 2 x Drops Vanilla Essence
• Optional Maple Syrup
• Dark Chocolate
• Dried Coconut Flakes
• Chopped Nuts
• Peanut Butter
• Coffee Beans
• Stir your Little’s Choc Chai coffee with a dash of hot water to make a thick coffee mixture.
• Pop your coffee mixture, chopped bananas, dates, peanut butter, syrup or essence and cinnamon in your blender.
• Add in your almond milk. We didn’t measure this out as it will vary on how large your blender is and how big your bowl is so it’s up to you how much milk you put in. Obviously, this will change the consistency of the mixture. If it feels too runny, we suggest you add more banana.
• Keep blending your mixture until it is lovely and smooth. It should have turned a lovely caramel colour.
• Pour your smoothie into a bowl and start to add your toppings. Obviously, this is your chance to get creative and make your Instagram worthy smoothie bowl shot.
Little’s Swiss Choc Energy Balls Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 8 Bite-sized Balls)
• 3 x Tbsp Peanut or Almond Butter
• 2 x Tbsp Agave Nectar
• 3 x Tsp Little’s Swiss Choc Instant Coffee
• 1 x Tsp Vanilla Extract
• 2 x Tbsp Cocoa Powder
• 1/2 Cup Porridge Oats
• Dissolve your coffee granules into a dash of boiling water.
• Put all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together until everything is evenly distributed.
• Use your hands to roll the mixture into neat little balls and pop on a plate.
• Optional extra is to dust your energy balls with cocoa powder.
• Put your plate in the fridge to chill for at least an hour and then they will be ready to snack on!
And now for something a bit naughtier…
Little’s Vanilla Espresso Martini Recipe
• Chill a martini glass with ice.
• Add 25ml vodka, 25ml vegan coffee liqueur and 35ml Little’s vanilla espresso into a cocktail shaker. (For the Little’s vanilla espresso mix 1 teaspoon of Little’s Vanilla Infused Instant Coffee into 35ml of boiling water and allow to cool.)
• Tip the ice from your martini glass into the shaker, close and shake!
• Once the shaker becomes cold and frosty, and the liquid is nice and bubbly, strain into a martini glass.
• Serve, sip and enjoy!
Check out the full Little’s coffee range at www.wearelittles.com and use the code UPCIRCLE10 for 10% off your first online order.