13,000 5* REVIEWS | FREE UK SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £20
UpCircle Careers | Warehouse Manager
[PART TIME ROLE]
We are now shipping UpCircle products globally. We’re sending our range to big name retailers throughout the UK, Europe, America and Australia! Getting our products into people’s hands is arguably the most important thing we do. Everything we work towards leads us to the point where our UpCirclers are in contact with the finished product – but the products don’t just land into people’s hands by magic!
We’re looking for someone who is able to work a 25 hour week, five hours a day, from 1pm until 6pm. The “warehouse” is our railway arch in Camberwell, South London.
We're looking for someone to be a passionate advocate of what we stand for and have a burning desire to see an UpCircle product in every home. The reality of this goal requires someone on the ground, managing our warehouse in Camberwell and our precious stock from the moment we receive it, looking after and organising it whilst it’s here with us, and sending it safely on its way out of our doors!
As we grow, the movement of stock increases and the complexity of the overall operation does too, so you’ll need to liaise closely with our Operations Manager based in our office in Westminster, 20 minutes away. Your job will be to efficiently manage goods in and goods out and ensure that you communicate what’s been sent! From the moment one of the UpCircle team sends you a fulfilment request, it’s then over to you to make it happen. This could be a journalist needing an individual product for a photoshoot, or a retailer in Finland wanting 800 serums – all with translated language labels!
Examples of daily tasks: Processing ingredients, preparing a pallet of stock for our fulfilment warehouse, taking post to local Post Office, influencer and press product send-outs, wholesale orders, dealing with customer returns, customer sample requests, stock takes, customer complaints.
We’re looking for someone self-motivated, energetic, independent, adaptable and efficient. The role will require you to have a forward-thinking approach and overall understanding of inventory control and stock level management. Some times may be very very busy (November, December) and others… not so much (January). But we need someone able to utilise quieter times to better prepare for busier times ahead. There is ALWAYS lots to be done!
This role offers you responsibility, autonomy, fast-paced startup action, enormous opportunity to learn and build your skillset as a warehouse manager. You will be solely responsible for ensuring that we have everything we need, that we know where everything is and that our customers have everything THEY need. The rest of the team may be based in a different building, but we’re all working to achieve the same goal.
Job role is available to start immediately.
- Sole person managing and maintaining our arch in Camberwell
- Reporting on stock that comes in and out of the arch
- Alerting our operations manager on equipment ordering
- Sending out stock from our arch to our main fulfilment warehouse in Birmingham
- Fulfilment: Picking and packing for all requests send by the rest of our team (press, influencers etc.)
- Adhering to individual packing requirements of retailers
- Labelling of bespoke shipments (translation labels, tester pots, bulk / refill stores etc.)
- Highly organised and forward thinking
- Efficient and meticulous
- Problem solving approach – be willing to adapt to individual customer’s needs. Have a “can do” attitude and willingness to make it happen, no matter what the request!
- Quality control and attention to detail – always aware of how the product is received by the customer
- Self-motivated – you will be in charge of the warehouse on your own. We need someone who is able to prioritise and use quieter times to effectively plan for the future
- Always ensure safe working practices and operate equipment in line with health and safety procedures.
- Competitive starting salary depending on experience
- Heading up our entire Warehouse function, a huge responsibility
- Rapidly-growing, fast-paced action where no two days are the same
- Opportunity to develop and grow across all aspects of the business
- Enough skincare goodies to shake a tree at
- The chance to make a serious impact from the get-go
- Role is based in Camberwell SE5, South London
- Start Date: Immediate
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
How To Apply
Please send a CV in PDF with a brief intro to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "UpCircle Warehouse Manager". Good luck!