UpCircle Careers | PR and Marketing Support
UpCircle values a diverse workforce. Women, people of colour, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. If there is anything we can to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process please let us know by emailing email@example.com
We’re looking for someone with a passion for PR, events, marketing and communications to help spread the word about the exciting things we get up to here at UpCircle. This role requires someone to be a knowledgeable and engaging point of contact for our PR contacts, someone to communicate what we’ve been up to, create press releases for what's coming next and pitch unique and compelling stories to the media.
We'd like you to take charge of marketing calendar days like Valentine's Day and Earth Day, creating buzz through various channels and designing engaging campaigns that both new and existing customers can get involved with. Everything - from the initial idea, to setting up themed bundles on the back-end of our website and liaising with our operations and warehouse team - will be up to you!
Has there been a big event in the news? We need someone who is willing to think carefully about UpCircle's response and help us to communicate this to our audience.
The person who fulfils this role will be excited by the the prospect of planning and managing product launch events and photoshoots. Everything from what is written on the invite, to who we invite, to where it is held, to what brands we feature in the goodie bag. We'd also love this candidate to take the lead at pop up events, trade and consumer shows.
They'll also be a confident writer, capable of taking on the UpCircle tone of voice. We need someone who is adept and experienced at writing both blog content and awards applications on broad topics - from sustainability to specific skincare ingredients, and everything in between.
Think press relations, customer, press and influencer events, charitable initiatives, brand collaborations, sampling campaigns, volunteering days and working closely with the rest of the marketing team on whatever it is that they're collectively working towards.
We need someone who is confident to take the reins. We're a small team and each of us is fully responsible for our daily, weekly and monthly tasks. If you've got great ideas we want to hear them, and then we want to see you make them a reality.
Job role is available to start immediately.
- Construct press releases and pitch these to journalists
- Manage our UK and US PR agencies
- Monitor their performance and communicate with them everything that we are doing and what we have planned
- Pitch new angles on a regular basis to keep us always "in the conversation"
- Proactively seek press opportunities by monitoring Twitter and other journo request platforms
- Research appropriate awards for both brand and product. Submit applications for these awards
- Organise staff and customer volunteering days
- Assist with the organisation of press launch events, join us representing the UpCircle team at these events
- Lead on in-store activities organised by our stockists, be the knowledgeable and enthusiastic UpCircle representative!
- Research appropriate magazines and podcasts for potential ad campaigns, assist in the designing of these campaigns
- Plan and post occasional blog content based on UpCircle news, updates and events
- Gather, analyse and report on feedback and trends by holding focus groups
- Manage incoming brand collaboration requests
- Help grow our affiliate networks
- Design sampling campaigns and ad hoc "marketing moments" to help grow our audience
- Use intuition to seek out new opportunity to grow the business in any way you see fit.
- Rapidly-growing, fast-paced action where no two days are the same
- Opportunity to develop and grow across all aspects of the business
- Work closely every day with our marketing manager Laura on varied tasks
- Enough skincare to shake a tree at
- Role is based in Westminster SW1P, South London
- Start Date: Immediate
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
How To Apply
Please send a CV in PDF with a brief intro to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "UpCircle PR and Marketing Support". Good luck!