UpCircle Careers | Ingredient Processor
UpCircle values a diverse workforce. Women, people of colour, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. If there is anything we can to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We now repurpose fifteen by-product ingredients from varied industries, including the argan, tea, juice, date, olive and wood industries. Our range has saved literally hundreds of tonnes of valuable skin-loving ingredients from ending up in landfill. However, these ingredients aren't always "skincare ready" at the point that we intercept them. They need to be collected, processed or preserved in order for our manufacturers to work their magic by turning them into the UpCircle products that we all know and love.
Our ingredient transformation process is fresh and efficient! As we continue to expand our range we need someone whose job is to ensure that we have enough of our various repurposed ingredients ready for production at any given point. We need to keep up with demand and don't want any products out of stock!
We’re looking for someone who is able to work full-time, from 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. The “warehouse” where our ingredients are initially processed is our railway arch in Camberwell, South London.
As we grow, the variety of ingredients that we work with increases and the complexity of our processing requirements does too, so you’ll need to liaise closely with the rest of our team based in our office in Westminster, 20 minutes away.
What we're most famous for is our signature coffee range. We’re now selling so many coffee scrubs that we need someone to be specifically focused on helping us to collect and process coffee grounds from our local coffee shop partners, getting it ready to be sent of to our manufacturers who add in the rest of the ingredients.
At the arch in Camberwell is a bicycle with a trailer. We need you to arrive at the arch, collect the bike and cycle it from coffee shop to coffee shop. The coffee shops are all relatively local to the arch - Camberwell, Battersea, Clapham, Brixton, Dulwich, Herne Hill etc. You would then cycle it back to the arch and begin the processing.
The main sorts of processing required are sieving, drying and sterilising. It’s physical work, but we’re proud that our products are made people instead of machines using simple methods. We do use some machines for mixing, but the bulk of our products are still simply made by real people. This enables us to monitor the process closely to ensure that the end result is skincare of the finest quality. Nothing slips through the net - quite literally!
Another major part of this role will be to single-handedly take charge of our refill scheme. Your job will be to receive the refills from Royal Mail every day, to unpack them, clean and sterilise the packaging, refill each item, print shipping labels and repack the refill orders (including any additional "new" items that have been added to the orders.
We launched our refill scheme in April 2021 and it's growing at an incredibly fast pace. We're extremely proud of it, and our customers love it too. To be the person in charge of this scheme is an extremely important role.
We’re looking for someone self-motivated, energetic, independent, adaptable and efficient. There will be one other person based at the arch with you, fulfilling our "warehouse manager" role. The rest of the team may be based in a different building, but we’re all working to achieve the same goal.
Examples of daily tasks: Collecting coffee from our local coffee suppliers, sieving and preserving the coffee, strapping and booking a pallet of barrels of coffee to go to our manufacturers, cleaning the empty barrels when they are returned, preparing and dehydrating flower petals, dehydrating and grinding chai spices, sterilising refill orders packaging, creating shipping labels for refill orders, communicating with Royal Mail drivers, liaising with the rest of the UpCircle team based in Westminster.
Job role is available to start immediately.
- Be one half of a team of two working in our arch in Camberwell
- Collecting and processing coffee from our coffee shop suppliers
- Cleaning and preserving the collected coffee, ready for our manufacturers to commence full scale production
- Preparing and dehydrating flower petals for our upcoming bath range
- Dehydrating and grinding chai spices for our soap bars
- Receiving, sorting, sterilising, refilling and processing all UpCircle refill orders - managing the UpCircle refill scheme process from start to finish
- Highly organised and forward thinking
- Efficient and meticulous
- Problem solving approach – be willing to adapt to individual customer’s needs. Have a “can do” attitude and willingness to make it happen, no matter how big the obstacles!
- Confident cyclist
- Quality control and attention to detail – always aware of how the product is received by the customer
- Self-motivated – you will be in charge of ingredient processing from this location on your own. We need someone who is able to prioritise and use quieter times to effectively plan for the future
- Always ensure safe working practices and operate equipment in line with health and safety procedures.
- Competitive starting salary depending on experience
- Collecting and processing coffee which is our signature repurposed ingredient, a huge responsibility
- Rapidly-growing, fast-paced action where no two days are the same
- Sole person in charge of our refill scheme, which is the envy of many!
- Enough skincare goodies to shake a tree at
- The chance to make a serious impact from the get-go
- Role is based in Camberwell SE5, South London
- Start Date: Immediate
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
How To Apply
Please send a CV in PDF with a brief intro to email@example.com with the subject "UpCircle Ingredient Processor". Good luck!